[AMRadio] Thordarson Transformer ID

B. Morgan Sherrod w5ami at tcworks.net
Wed May 26 09:49:26 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Bigelow - PS" <tbigelow at pop.state.vt.us>

> Yeow! Looks like the big brother to the T11M78 300-500w Multi-Match mod
> transformer I have here. Right down to the nice plated acorn nuts. When
> you get ready to use it Brian, clean it up with a toothbrush and
> cleaner, then use some lemon oil on it. Makes the wrinkle paint look
> like new.
>
> Seems a shame these things get hidden inside and seldom seen. Definitely
> from a time when craftsmanship ruled the day...
>
> de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ

Thanks Todd.  Hopefully I will get back to rebuilding this transmitter soon.  Most of the transformers in this rig are
the CHT series, of course this one is the largest.  The audio/modulator section is primarily UTC stuff.  I have a more
recent T368 plate xfmr I plan to use for the modulators (pair of 849's) as a separate supply.

Brian/w5ami