[AMRadio] Thordarson Transformer ID

Todd Bigelow - PS tbigelow at pop.state.vt.us
Wed May 26 18:29:35 EDT 2004

B. Morgan Sherrod wrote:

>>Seems a shame these things get hidden inside and seldom seen. Definitely
>>from a time when craftsmanship ruled the day...
>>
>>de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ
>>

>Thanks Todd.  Hopefully I will get back to rebuilding this transmitter soon.  Most of the transformers in this rig are
>the CHT series, of course this one is the largest.  The audio/modulator section is primarily UTC stuff.  I have a more
>recent T368 plate xfmr I plan to use for the modulators (pair of 849's) as a separate supply.
>
>Brian/w5ami

I remember seeing that rig in ER after it was discovered. Certainly
looks like an interesting restoration project. I recall that all of the
gear, logbook, etc were still sitting there just as they'd been left
decades earlier. Talk about finding a time capsule! Where does one find
spare 849s, though?

I'm sure folks are looking forward to the day of seeing the finished
product. Especially for such a piece of history. Most of us have a few
irons in the fire at any given time, so we can relate to the
'eventually' part. The broadcast transmitter project from last summer is
still sitting here in the diningroom, waiting to be completed. Good
thing I'm single.

Best of luck with the Bartlesville project, Brian. Always nice to see
these rigs get saved and enjoyed.

73, Todd  KA1KAQ