[AMRadio] 144 Mhz. AM

k0ng at inebraska.com k0ng at inebraska.com
Wed Nov 3 19:34:44 EST 2004

Hi Brian: Well,the ARRL and others virtually took over 144.390 for a digital
vehicle tracking system so you can follow suitably equipped mobils around and
know where they are at all times the radio is on. There are other uses for the
system but in my opinion, the above is all they really do. There is activity
24/7 on that frequency, even in Florida (HI) I bet. BTW, I dont want anyone
knowing where I am at all the time. There are some good points though, if some
idiot steals your car, you might be able to find it.

73 DE Charlie, K0NG   ..