[AMRadio] FS: MX-21, Radio Hbk 6th ed., QRP Dummy Loads,

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Thu Nov 4 10:22:36 EST 2004

FOR SALE. "PPD" means US mailing cost included in the price.

MX-21/ARC-5. This is the little box below the dial that hams always modified on the black wrinkle ARC-5 command receivers. Unmodified ones are rare. But this one is unmodified and in good condition $30 PPD

Radio Handbook, 6th edition, 1939, covers are badly worn and somewhat loose. But the text is intact and quite useable. This is one of my favorite handbooks of any type. This has the 6L6/809 rig in it and many other great projects. $16 PPD

Bird Model 8053 10 Watt, 50 ohm dummy load--basically a big resistor with a finned metal heatsink wrapped around it and male "N" connector on the end. $20 PPD

Archer (Radio Shack) 21-506 15 watt, 50 ohm dummy load. Same as above but bigger fins and higher wattage. PL-259 plug on the end. Rated for up to 500Mhz. $16 PPD

Command Set Parts Receivers: I have a stack of command set parts receivers, mostly black ARC-5 stuff, in various stages of hacked, chopped up deterioration. I also have a bunch of loose parts--the plug in coils and crystals, etc. I have some tubes but none of the slide-snap tube covers for any of these. I do not have any dynamotors. If you are looking for parts for a particular receiver, or just want original parts for your "command set repair center", please contact me and let me know what you are shopping for.

Thanks for looking.
73, Don Merz, N3RHT