[AMRadio] 144 Mhz. AM

Crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Thu Nov 4 23:13:27 EST 2004

I was thinking JCL, but put in an R. Did he have a 6m AM repeater also? I
have been reading on-line about WA6TDD, one of the first 2m repeaters in So.
California. It started out on AM. Wish I could remember the guy in Little
Rock , AR that was on 145.35 with a kW on 2m AM back in the '70's. A friend
of mine worked him with an FT-221 from north AL. I wonder when the VHF
contests went from AM to SSB? Those FAA rigs seem like the best way to get
on 2m AM.

Joe W4AAB ( QRV with a Gonset Communicator I)