[AMRadio] 144 Mhz. AM

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Nov 4 23:35:10 EST 2004

Subject: Re: [AMRadio] 144 Mhz. AM

> I was thinking JCL, but put in an R. Did he have a 6m AM repeater also? I
> have been reading on-line about WA6TDD, one of the first 2m repeaters in So.
> California. It started out on AM. Wish I could remember the guy in Little
> Rock , AR that was on 145.35 with a kW on 2m AM back in the '70's. A friend
> of mine worked him with an FT-221 from north AL. I wonder when the VHF
> contests went from AM to SSB? Those FAA rigs seem like the best way to get
> on 2m AM.

Could that have been Paul/WA5SXZ?  Last I saw Paul, was in Hot Springs.

All this talk about 2m AM has me remembering that I have a Navy, VHF
transmitter.

Don't remember the nomenclature on it, but it was like a mini T-368, with three
drawers;

Top) Final (with (3) 3E29's in it)
Middle) modulator, with p-p 807's
Bottom) power supply.

It's available, if anyone is curious enough to have it.  I'd say a good 100w
output.

I'll be out of pocket for the next week.  Plan a trip to South Texas to get it.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR