[AMRadio] James Millen 500 Watt HF Amplifier

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Nov 5 23:57:47 EST 2004

Yep,
I got one sometime back! Came with 100ths in it, so I found the manuals
at the millen site, and found that you can put 811As in it if you change
the filament transformer, so I did. Had to do some scrounging for the
coils, but I got it running with 1500 VDC on the pair, and then jumped
looking for a modulation transformer, so I could have a pair of 811As
modulating. There are several of the exciters at the same place, just
do a search for Millen. I think three right now.

A caveat is that I got mine with a 304TL amplifier, and power supply
and a pair of 805s modulating it along with the Millen Amp all for
350.00
so this seems a little steep for just the amplifier. FWIW

Your mileage may vary.
Jim
WB2FCN