[AMRadio] Numbers Stations Revisited

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at jam.rr.com
Fri Nov 12 21:09:43 EST 2004

Sometimes, they even show up on 80 or 40 meters.

In fact, one has been around 7.035 within the past few weeks.

I remember many times in the mid and late 70s when one of them would take
out a large chunk of 75 meters almost every night, even during the summer
qrn here in Mississippi. Many of us suspected that it was coming from Cuba,
sending information into central America. Of course, we never proved it, and
fully realized that it could have just as easily been coming from somewhere
"on our side."

Most of the really strong ones which use cw have terrible key clicks, so
they too stand out. I often find them on 30 meters.

Mike, K5XU