[AMRadio] Western Electric 639B Microphone

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Nov 18 11:00:42 EST 2004

I have one of these beautiful Ribbon microphones, but it's been banging around
in my shack for some 40+ years.
I was always told it didn't work, and the output was low, etc...

Come to find out, it's a 'balanced line output' mic, and when I hung an XLR
connector on it, and plugged it into
my speech-amp it really came to life.

So, what I'm looking for is the top part of the microphone exterior (comes in
three stages) to replace mine that's
got some broken peices, missing paint, etc...  I can re-do the screen inside the
selected covers, and I'll re-finish
the exterior first, with period grey wrinkle pain, but I need to have a complete
set of 639B mic covers, first.

Any help?

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR