[AMRadio] AM Usage with Linear AMPS

John Coleman, ARS WA5BXO wa5bxo at pctechref.com
Mon Nov 22 23:11:49 EST 2004

My experience (which is very little when it come to these sweep tube
rigs) is they or rated for a belch or some thing short and don't hold up
to a fix channel field day adventure with out tube replacement.  I had a
DuaoBander mobile for a while rated a 400 watts PEP input I never saw
more than 150 watts output while whistling in the mike.  It was in
perfect condition and would light a 50 watt bulb with normal speech.  I
thought it would have blown it out.  I was very disappointed. Yet, it
was one of the most heard radios all over the country by many AMers in
the late 80s.

John, WA5BXO