[AMRadio] Home brew AM Cathode modualtion

John Coleman, ARS WA5BXO wa5bxo at pctechref.com
Sun Oct 3 15:37:44 EDT 2004

	The "Rice" neutralization circuit works better with a higher Q
grid tank and, if possible, some input swamping or grid load resistor.
The biggest trouble with the circuit is that the loading of the grid
tank is not constant over the full RF cycle as a result the "Q" and
balance is shifted somewhat over the period of the RF cycle.  Starting
with a higher "Q" or C value is one way of minimizing this effect.

The circuit does work because I used it as well and also with a 304TLs,
back in the days of experimenting with the ultra modulation or balanced
high level modulation circuits.  I eventually went to standard "Push
Pull".

John, WA5BXO