[AMRadio] A maintenance trick

Cory Hine cory_hine at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 16:13:05 EDT 2004

One of the things I learned in working on Collins
equipment is that after 30 or 40 years, the screws on
the chassis loosen and need to be tightened. As a part
of routine maintenance, I check all the screws, many
of which have ground tabs on the underside. Lose a
ground, be driven crazy!!

Working on the Johnson Viking II, I found loose
lamination screws on the transformers, as well as,
loose screws on the tube sockets and other parts all
over the chassis. It seems to be working better now
that I have tightened everything up. Just something
else to look at with this old equipment....

Cory/AD5QP