[AMRadio] Home brew AM

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 5 07:38:52 EDT 2004

Patrick,

     That Altec amplifier sure is nice! I really like the 5R4 full wave
bridge rectifier with the extra filament taps off the HV windings. Never
seen that done before. Also the 6W6 triode connected cathode follower stage
is unique with the center tapped choke. I see negative feedback from the
output tranny all the way back to the first preamp stage. Without getting
too far into audio jargon, how do two of these beasts sound as a stereo
amplifier? The HV filter only has 6 uf as part of a LC filter, so how is the
bass response?

Got a few dozen of these lying around? :)

Regards,
Jim Candela
WD5JKO