[AMRadio] Tube Plate Dissipation Ratings

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 13:06:01 EDT 2004

>      Can someone please clarify for me the plate dissipation ratings
>  I believe this transmitter will put out 30 to 40
> watts of carrier and if it were say 60 efficient wouldn't that bump up
> the plate dissipation to around 65 watts exceeding the dissipation
> ratings.

Based on what you've said, the power input would be about 65 watts.  So
if the tranmitter puts out 40 watts, the power dissipated in the tube (and
tank circuit, etc) would be about 25 watts.

The required dissipation is (roughly, since a little power is dissipated in
heating other components as well) the difference between the input
power and the output power.

Grant/NQ5T

Grant Youngman /NQ5T
http://www.globeking.com