Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sun Oct 10 09:26:35 EDT 2004

> I am seriously thinking about trying to start a Saturday morning
> AM net on 7290 kHz for stations in the far southeast USA.
> This would mostly extenmd to Florida and Georgia and anyone
> farther afield that can hear us.
>
> Is anyone interested in helping me get this started?

It would work from Texas to Florida, especially along the Gulf coast,
if you could start the net at 12:00noon, EST.

The 7.290 Traffic Net was started by AM'ers back in the '50s, when '
Fone' was first allowed on 40m.   They occupy the 5th call area.

If you start the net at noon Eastern Time, then at Noon Central,
those of us from Mississippi to Brownsville would be able to check in.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR