uvc at acninc uvc at acninc.net
Sun Oct 10 10:41:11 EDT 2004

Reno Nevada is interested
Brad KB7FQR
THANKS

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Geoff/W5OMR
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 6:27 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Re: AMRadio Digest, Vol 8, Issue 33

> I am seriously thinking about trying to start a Saturday morning
> AM net on 7290 kHz for stations in the far southeast USA.
> This would mostly extenmd to Florida and Georgia and anyone
> farther afield that can hear us.
>
> Is anyone interested in helping me get this started?

It would work from Texas to Florida, especially along the Gulf coast,
if you could start the net at 12:00noon, EST.

The 7.290 Traffic Net was started by AM'ers back in the '50s, when '
Fone' was first allowed on 40m.   They occupy the 5th call area.

If you start the net at noon Eastern Time, then at Noon Central,
those of us from Mississippi to Brownsville would be able to check in.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR