[AMRadio] B&W 5100B

Cory Hine cory_hine at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 09:33:11 EDT 2004

It's normal for power to deflect downward on AM during modulation. You have to have a peak reading wattmeter to see the peaks..... Sounds like you have good modulation.

Cory/AD5QP

Tom Elmore <tom at telmore.com> wrote:
I am in the process of restoring a B&W 5100B transmitter and am using a
Coaxial Dynamics
wattmeter to measure power. I normally use this meter for CW & SSB and
noticed that when monitoring an AM carrier the meter deflects downward with
modulation. Is this a characteristic of this meter or maybe an issue with
the transmitter itself.

Thank You
Thomas Elmore KA1NVZ
Anchorage, Alaska