[AMRadio] Mod xmfr

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 13:07:52 EDT 2004

Steve,

    There was a series in ER (Electric Radio), by W3BYM, Tom
Marcellino.  He built an AM 2-813s modulating 2-813s.  It is a beautiful
looking and sounding rig.  Very much in the class of T-368s or BC-610s.
Perhaps even better!

    If interested, I'll hunt through the collection and get the specific
editions for you.

Bob - N0DGN

StephenTetorka at cs.com wrote:

>Hey guys:
>
>Thanks for all this education on the plate modulator for my 2 x 813's.
>
>Seems to me that:
>1.  current carrying capability of the wire is first;
>2.  turns ratio ( creating impedance ) comes next;
>
>Just how difficult would it be to make one?
>
>Our predecessors did.
>
>E/I core or over/under on one core?
>
>I understand Hypersil cores are easy to get.
>
>Might have a challenge counting high numbers...hi hi
>
>73
>Steve
>WA2TAK

<                      Bob Bethman - N0DGN
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| N0DGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-610I w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I 1 '51 Collins R-390A |
| 1 '67 EAC R-390A, Heathkit DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
|           Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8               |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|                  Meade ETX-60 (Got it back!)                     |
|               38 Deg 46.8' N - 77 Deg 28.5' W                    |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |