[AMRadio] B&W 5100B

peter A Markavage manualman at juno.com
Wed Oct 13 11:42:18 EDT 2004

With most of the current transceivers, especially Icom, reducing power
output or reducing audio, does not change this anomaly in the AM
position. Diddling with the internal ALC adjustments would reduce the
problem when operating AM. Adding external voltage to the ALC pin,
available on one of the rear ACC connectors, will override the internal
voltage and also works. Going directly into the DSP modulator, available
on one of the rear ACC connectors on some rigs also helps, and also
eliminates all the front end mike processing that contributes to
poor/fair/average AM audio.

Pete, wa2cwa