[AMRadio] 40m AM Nets

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Oct 14 05:17:22 EDT 2004

> > I'd like to see 7.160 get re-vitalized for Saturday morning AM operation.
> >
> > Back in the Day, there was W5MEU, W5PYTAA5YT (Was that Floyd's
> > call?) W9(???)Paul, in Chicago, more..  40m, AM, 7.160, Saturday Mornings.
> >

> You are probably thinking about Floyd, WA5TWF, who became a Silent Modulator
> in 1987.

I knew Floyd Dunlap/WA5TWF personally.  He lived in Houston/Spring(?), TX had
relatively
medium powered rigs, and antennas that weren't very high, but he was as active
as could be,
and quite the AM Activist!

I was in Clear Lake, TX (just south of Houston, by N.A.S.A.) when I called his
house to
arrange a visit.  One of his parents answered - Then the other.  That's when I
was informed
that -this was the day of Floyd's funeral-.  He had passed away, three days
before.
May he Rest In Peace.

The Floyd I was thinking of, lives up in Arkansas and was also on with a BC-610
with
W5MEU, W5PYT and the others mentioned above.

It'll come to me later ;-)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR