[AMRadio] 813 tx

George Pritchard gpritchard at comtechpst.com
Thu Oct 28 10:45:45 EDT 2004

I had one of those rigs as a kid BEFORE I WAS A HAM. I used it on CB
modulated with 811A's. Then I found out about Amateur Radio. A backwards
experience. Years later I parted it out, unknowing it was so well
documented. I actually traced that thing out and drew the schematic at 16
years old. The rig sat at the high school in a corner for years... The
instructor gave it to me to male room at the end of June. I spent my summer
vacation that year on the CB band with that thing. Some of that rig is here
and there in the shack, sort of a ghost. When I saw it in the 1956 handbook
I bought at a fest... I almost had tears. It WAS the one I had.
George
AB2KC