[AMRadio] BTA-250 pictures

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Tue Sep 7 19:27:42 EDT 2004

I thought Conelrad was kaput? You mean I turned off my receiver
for nothing? --but in seriousness, I would never discard any such
thing.

From: "Powell E. Way III, W4OPW" <powell at conterra.com>
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] BTA-250 pictures
That RCA and it's 1KW counterpart are beautiful transmitters. DO NOT
discard the crystals. Someone will purchase the crystals since it is
a CONELRAD frequency. I have the 640 crystal from the BTA 1MX we
removed years ago from WBAW and a ham purchase it. It made the nice
trip from Barnwell SC to Columbia fine in my Ranger, though it put
the Ranger over the load limit. DUH ! That made the Ranger get a tad
over 30 MPG which it has not done before and only 1 time since and
that was downhill in New Mexico.

WKDK is on 1240 and has a backup Raytheon RA-250, which is not for
sale.

Powell