[AMRadio] Northern Radio Company

Tom Elmore tom at telmore.com
Wed Sep 8 23:33:39 EDT 2004

   I was wondering if anyone has heard of or worked on any Northern Radio
Company equipment. I picked up a unit at last years Anchorage ham fest.
These unit were made in Seattle in the 1950's it appears and they
incorporate a cabinet about 4 feet tall housing receiver, power supply and
transmitter. I believe they were made either for the FAA or Federal
Government as they contain a 4 channel fixed frequency crystal oscillator.
They use a pair of 807's in the final and develop about 50 watts about using
AM. They have a neat screen mesh panel in the front that allows you to
see the 866 rectifiers.

Thank You
Thomas Elmore KA1NVZ
Anchorage, Alaska