[AMRadio] Converting old 1.8-4.0 MHz AM Marine Radios

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 10 14:33:56 EDT 2004

Mark,
As for my ideas, NOTHING is absolutely perfect in radio or anything
else.
Having said that, I think that with a judicious cross section of ideas
the units you describe could be resurrected in a reasonable way, to A)
get them back into operation, and B) convert them to usable range for
160 work. YES, they are old technology, but they can be improved, any
piece of equipment can be improved for the owner/operator it just takes
little effort, some modifications that will make it work to your, and
also
others standards of "Quality".

I say, talk to your friend, see if he wants to recirculate the equipment
if so then get a list and post it so folks that WANT to give it a shot
can make the necessary arrangements with him. As I can't even imagine
having
all that equipment end up in a land-fill somewhere because it didn't
meet
the specs for todays operations. Especially since we have such a large
group
of enterprising folks that as W3BYM says, "Can Fix Anything".

Keep me posted and if you need help, sign out, I will volunteer
assistance.

"Drive On"
Jim
WB2FCN