[AMRadio] Testing Transmitting Tubes

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Mon Sep 20 10:19:38 EDT 2004

Has anyone built a transmitting tube tester? Or seen any plans on the web? The only thing I have seen on this subject is the issue of GE Ham News that covers the subject (Vol 6, #3, May/June, 1951). I have some power supplies I can use to run the static test. But I need to build something to hold the tube sockets, filament transformers and plate current meter. I hate to reinvent the wheel and would be happy to follow a pre-existing design if I could find one...

Any ideas?

73, Don Merz, N3RHT