[AMRadio] RE: Testing Transmitting Tubes

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Mon Sep 20 13:13:46 EDT 2004

A point of clarification, the high-end Hickok tube testers will test many transmitting tubes. 807, 1625, 811A, 6146, 801A, 809, 826, 829 and many others. I have a Hickok 752A and use it all the time for these tubes. I hear that the Hickok 539-series also works.

But higher power tubes are more problematic, with plate voltages in the 1000-2500 volt range. For these larger tubes, I just have a sense that there is a creative and easier solution here that I am missing.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT