[AMRadio] Frequency Response

Vince Wesa Werber ka1iic at prexar.com
Sun Sep 26 10:09:32 EDT 2004

Thank you Don... this needs to be repeated every so often because these 'Urban
Myths'  seem to never die in spite of the facts...

The way I've got it figured is the FCC doesn't want to do much of anything to
limit bandwidth...  not so much for the sake of AM but to leave the doors
open for other yet unknown modes...

I mean, and this is a silly comparison but...,  Just how 'wide' is a spread
spectrum signal???  and for giggles run an check on some of the DAT modes...
intermodulation distortion is a bug in even some of the best equipment and
that brings us back to 'good enginneering practices'...

Bad example I admit but when you think about it...

tnx agn Don...
73
vince
ka1iic