[AMRadio] Frequency Response

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Sun Sep 26 16:00:49 EDT 2004

Hi Don;

Thanks for your input. A discussion of bandwidth is meaningless unless
you tie it to how far down from peak voltage. The standard is 1/2 voltage
or -6 dB down. However, as I remember, the 9 kc the FCC is talking about
is further down. -26 dB if I remember right. We cannot compare apples to
oranges. That may be 6 kc at -6 dB. The Canadian regulation is probably
at the standard -6 db. So they may be the same. I think the implication
is 6 kc @ -6 db and I am going to comply with that.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ