[AMRadio] Frequency Response

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:22:10 EDT 2004

>By 'tilt' I mean the observable tilting of the top and bottom of a
>square wave (or resulting modulated envelope) caused by low frequency
>roll off and non constant group delay through the transmitter in
>question.

That's why the transmitter frequency response, including transformers,
should be essentially flat at least one octave above and one octave below
the actual range of frequencies you plan to transmit.

For example, if you intended to limit your audio response to 150-4000~, the
audio chain should test flat from 75 to 8000~.

Don k4kyv