[AMRadio] SIMPSON MAINTENANCE MANUAL

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Tue Sep 28 09:36:54 EDT 2004

Good. I hope your meter never has a need for any of the procedures in there!

Personally, I find these old meters very likeable in all forms. You can go to any hamfest and pick up a really nice old analog VTVM for $5. You could quickly and cheaply have a house full of them. VOMs are more expensive--isn't that odd?

I have one of the 260's numeric-readout successors--the Simpson 467. Runs on a 9V battery and is bulletproof. It's a fine product also. OTOH, I also have a Simpson meter (269? 369?--something ending in a 9) that has a large face and claims to be a 100,000 ohms per volt VOM. This does not seem to be a very good meter by comparison. It has not held up well over time.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT