[AMRadio] Home Brew

John Coleman wa5bxo at pctechref.com
Tue Sep 28 19:08:17 EDT 2004

	If I were going to build with tubes again and two hundred watts was
the carrier output that I wanted.  I would use a pair of 812s in push pull
class C and modulate with a pair of 811As push pull class B.  Run about 1500
volts @ 200 ma for 300 watts plate input on the 812s.  Find a Modulation
XFMR to match the output of 811A class B (about 12500 ohms as I remember) to
the 7500 ohm class C final.

John, WA5BXO