[AMRadio] Home Brew

peter A Markavage manualman at juno.com
Wed Sep 29 01:12:44 EDT 2004

But Class E transmitters don't glow in the dark. You have to put Xmas
lights in them.
Parts are not that difficult to find if you're willing to spend the time
to find them.
To me, Class E (asy) lacks the traditional nostalgia that many of us feel
in a tube-based transmitter.
As someone already pointed out, there are lots of great circuits in the
older ARRL Handbooks, Radio and Engineers' Handbook, etc.
The ARRL has a new book just out called "RF Amplifier Classics" and
includes two-dozen projects and articles from the pages of QST and QEX,
published between 1980 and 2003. There are amps for HF, MF, VHF and
microwave.
Pete, wa2cwa