[AMRadio] Home Brew

Schichler, Don don.schichler at PaeTec.com
Wed Sep 29 08:32:36 EDT 2004

Here you go - it sounds simple.

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of John Coleman
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 7:08 PM
To: 'Discussion of AM Radio'
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Home Brew

	If I were going to build with tubes again and two hundred watts was
the carrier output that I wanted.  I would use a pair of 812s in push pull
class C and modulate with a pair of 811As push pull class B.  Run about 1500
volts @ 200 ma for 300 watts plate input on the 812s.  Find a Modulation
XFMR to match the output of 811A class B (about 12500 ohms as I remember) to
the 7500 ohm class C final.

John, WA5BXO