[AMRadio] Home Brew

StephenTetorka at cs.com StephenTetorka at cs.com
Wed Sep 29 11:59:02 EDT 2004

Hi Guys:

You're all really great - I sure need this help.

My last home brew was an 807 CW xmtr back in 1963 when I got my novice license...just got it back 18 months ago after being "QRX" for 40 years.

There's many ways to go - component wise - so let me express my 'view' of the rig.

I like simple - very simple - most simple, like minimalist...as opposed to having features, bells & whistles.

Style-wise, I'd like to use nice, shinny vintage parts...with contemporary materials...rather than try to get the neovintage look.
The pictures I've seen on some Eclass rigs appeals to me...clean and neat looking.

Don't know if I'd like the Amp & Mod separate units or stacked.
Stacked in a single enclosure sounds easy mechanically...and little less work?

Not having fans/blowers seems to be a good operating advantage with less interfering noise.

Seems like the replies are 'amp-minded' rather than complete high power AM transmitter..which gets to the matter of the exciter.

I'm presently completing my "DX100 ala GTO" ( Fire Enginer red w/ chrome ) restoration...might I be able to put the MOD&AMP into a DX100 enclosure??

Make a nice looking set...but might be a bit too tight?

Tnx,
Steve
WA2TAK