[AMRadio] HOMEBREW

John Coleman wa5bxo at pctechref.com
Wed Sep 29 13:03:04 EDT 2004

I prefer triodes because they tend to have linear plate modulation
characteristics with out a lot of other circuitry.  Tetrodes, on the other
hand, not only require screen circuitry, but require a lot of audio level
screen compensation in order to reach the same characteristics of the
triode.  But I'm very critical on passing the trapezoid pattern test.

I wrote an article similar to this point at
http://www.qsl.net/wa5bxo/pptriodes/pptriodes.htm

It is some what under construction still.  So I have not made a link from
the home page http://www.qsl.net/wa5bxo

I was trying to clear up some things that or either not always clear in
other books or not mentioned at all.  Hope this helps someone.

73

John, WA5BXO