[AMRadio] Re: Gates BC250L efficiency

Larry Taft ltaft at charter.net
Wed Sep 29 15:18:57 EDT 2004

I made a set of interesting measurements with my spectrum analyzer on a
Drake TR-7 driving a L-4 amp.  Set the output at 1kw through a W-4
wattmeter into a dummy load.  Harmonics looked good, down quite a
ways.  Crank the TR-7 up a bit to the L-4 and the power went up to 1100
watts.  The fundamental stayed the same, it was the harmonics that went
up!  The power meter didn't care what frequency the energy was.  Now I
always run a MN2700 pi network antenna tuner with any of the Drakes.

Larry  K2LT
drakerepair.com
800-687-9161