[AMRadio] Re: Gates BC250L efficiency

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Wed Sep 29 18:30:45 EDT 2004

Well, if not going into a dummy load, the swr would go up.
Just because you run an antenna tuner does not mean
the amp is running clean and not wasting power in harmonics.

Measure the TR-7 by itself and its likely clean, and overdriving the amp
is likely the problem.

Modern solid state rigs likely wont allow much harmonics out unless
you tweak things inside for more power out than they are supposed to run.
Most will put out quite a  bit of extra power if you tweak the alc circuit,
but it wont be clean.

Brett
N2DTS