[AMRadio] Home brew AM

GGLL nagato at arnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 29 19:54:42 EDT 2004

Hello people, I agree with the nice look and smell of "glass" AM. Few years
ago, I made my CW/AM transmitter, with an 807 plate/screen modulated, 50 watts
CW, 40 watts AM output. Started with a triode/pentode  oscillator/doubler VFO,
then converted to solid state oscillator/buffer, followed by a tube driver
(6BQ5) and finally the 807 to a pi tank output.
Making my own plate modulated transmitter (200..300 watts out) is a buzzing
idea in my mind since a couple of months. But here the most difficult item to
get is the modulation transformer, does someone know a method to build it by
myself?.

Many thanks in advance
Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.