[AMRadio] Hallicrafters SX-24 coil winding information

Mike Dorworth,K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Mon Apr 18 13:16:50 EDT 2005

Without a GDO you can use a wavetrap on the Broadcast band. Put the circuit
in the antenna and tune coil for null at low end of band with full cap. The
ARRL L/C/F/ Calculator, formerly known as the Lightning Calculator calls for
about 175 microhenry, on a three quarter inch form, it would take a winding
length of 7/8 inch at about 145 turns per inch of no. 34. Hope this helps..
73, Mike, K4XM