[AMRadio] Keying a Gates BC-1?

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:32:09 EDT 2005

The
>>second is avoiding excessive cathode-to-filament
>>voltage in the 807 audio drivers (cathode followers).
>>Perhaps both worries are more imagined than real?

I forgot to mention that.  The output voltage of the cathode followers
exceeds the RCA manual's recommendation for cathode-to-filament voltage, but
when I worked at the broadcast station in the 60's that never was a problem,
and since I have acquired my BC1T it hasn't been a problem.  I  suspect the
807's will withstand much more H-K voltage than the RCA specs recommend.  I
have thought about the same thing, but it just doesn't seem to b e a
problem.  I suppose you would have to replace the 807 if one broke  down,
but it is still a common, easy-to-find tube.  If you are using the stock
cathode follower circuit, I wouldn't sweat it.

Don k4kyv