[AMRadio] info wanted on 4-400 linear amplifier

zuu6k at juno.com zuu6k at juno.com
Tue Aug 2 21:10:02 EDT 2005

I am planning to build a linear amp around a grid driven 4-400 tube. Can
anyone suggest where I can find a suitable circuit with component values.
I would like band-switching for 80, 40 and 20 meters. I will be driving
it with a 25 watt carrier output rice box on AM. I don't like the one in
the ARRL 1967 handbook because it requires you to open the lid and
physically change taps on the coil and change tuning capacitors. I don't
have any other older handbooks. Thank you.

Ed K6UUZ