[AMRadio] Raytheon One Thousand

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Fri Aug 12 14:16:09 EDT 2005

Bob
So I see you retired a RA1000 there... I parted out the one I took apart at KBIM in Roswell last year. It had some big iron and very interesting RF inductors, with that Push Pull 833 RF stage. The output L with variometer will go into a first class balanced line tuner at some point in the future. Having motorized controls as well!!! Both modulation reactors and an RCA modulation transformer (mine had a spare L with it, 60 Hy) went to local AMers building new rigs - avoiding shipping costs.  Many of the chokes and transformers got out to hams and also to a surplus dealer in Albuquerque where they were sold off. I was happy to take the trouble parting it up like that, as it was worth a lot more to several builders than to someone trying to fix it up (was in very sad condition when I scavenged it). Sometimes the vultures are a better ending of big rigs like that - although i know there are several still on the air on MW as well as in conversions.

73
John
K5PRO