[AMRadio] AMPX article on mod reactor

Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 17:01:40 EDT 2005

Mark Foltarz wrote:

>Does anyone have the link for the second part of the article?
>
>This would be the article concerning the value and design of the reactor and
>blocking cap value.
>
>I will be building up a modulator using either a CVM4 or 5

Depends on how low in frequency you want to pass through the modulation
transformer, Mark,
and how much current you'll be running in the final section of the rig.

Typically, 8HY per 1000 ohms of impedance load in the final is a pretty
good rule of thumb.

8~10uF of coupling should do nicely.  Depending on where you put the
coupling, will determine
how much of a voltage rating the capacitor needs to be.

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMr