[AMRadio] Raytheon woes

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:18:08 EDT 2005

On 8/15/05, John Lyles <jtml at losalamos.com> wrote:
>  Bob,
> Sorry I don't have any info on who and where the RA1000s are operating, but Dan Churchill up in VT (I think) has a company that specializes in odd parts for old broadcast transmitters, and the RA1000 is one that he has parts for. I think his company told me that there are a few still shining out there in the USA, so they still service them. John W4AWM has some tips in his email on where a couple are still in place.

<snip>

That's the fellow who supposedly was getting the RA-1000 I was 'sold'
back in the 90s. Apparently the Program/Station manager had given it
to him in exchange for servicing the other gear (unbeknowst to the
actual station property owner who wanted me to get it out of there).
It had been sitting there for years, I suspect he had left it in place
with thoughts of pulling out what he needed as he needed it, since
those at the station didn't care if it was moved or not. Think he's in
Westminster or Ludlow area, SE of Rutland. Wonder when you last spoke
with him? I had heard he was out of the business a couple years back.

I exchanged email with a fellow out west somewhere who was parting one
out a few years back. It was at a mountain top location and had
apparently suffered a fire. Never heard back from him after the first
couple of email exchanges, even though he said they had to get rid of
the remains soon. I was interested in the meter set, pretty easy to
pack and ship compared to the iron.

~ Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ