[AMRadio] RA-1000

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 04:45:50 EDT 2005

I have posted this story with pictures a few times on
here, but with the latest discussion of the old
Raytheon it's worth another ride.

Please enjoy.

http://www.sbe124.org/old_xmtr_rescue/our_old_xmtr.html

Safely rescued, Kent said "It is warm and cozy and
waiting for my wife and I to finish rebuilding our
house."

I looked up Kent, K7YXZ and briefly talked with him
soon after he acquired this beast. Perhaps he's made
some progress by now and could share what path he
took.

Personally, I don't find the Raytheon "ugly" but its
sense of fashion does tend toward utility rather than
glamour.  I wish they had included a window to observe
the 833A.

The RA-250 has the same shortcoming. You can hear this
one on 75m regularly in the mid-Atlantic region, from
the house of N3WWL.

http://www.qrz.com/hampix/l/w/n3wwl.1096255396.jpg

Regards to all,

Paul/VJB