[AMRadio] BPL, ARRL on NPR Morning edition Tuesday

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:48:56 EDT 2005

 What I don't quite understand, is why it is easier or cheaper to do
> broadband over power lines than over phone lines.  Phone lines are already
> balanced lines with a tighter EM field.  Why wouldn't that be better?

It is a money grab by the power companies.

Besides some geographic areas  with growth, this market sector does not have a
lot of room to grow.

BPL should allow power companies to leverage an existing and mostly paid for
infrastructure.  A very large area of growth indeed.

Google is investing buckets of money in it. But then again they have boat loads
not just buckets.

Here in Cleveland, you can apparently get WAN service. This is where you
wireless  device can logo onto the internet to a server several miles away.

I like this idea much better than this bpl bs.

If things look good I will most likely dump my local phone service. It is
getting to be a ripoff.

de KA4JVY
Mark