[AMRadio] 20..AM

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 3 01:40:12 EST 2005

Brian Carling wrote:

>On 2 Dec 2005 at 13:54, peter markavage wrote:
>

>>call CQ on AM and start a QSO. Anything beyond a three
>>person group is too big of a group unless you just like staring at the
>>receiver.
>>

>Heck yeah Pete, ESPECIALLY if you get some of our LONG-
>WINDED AM brethren in the group. Some guys go on and on for
>ages!
>By the time it is eventually our turn,  we have already gone
>away to answer the phone, use the bathroom etc. etc. (LOL!)

Why not make a decent transmission?  Would you rather hear someone say
"yeah, 10-4 on that" and unkey, or "I heard that, I did" and unkey, or
how about we run VOX on AM?  Everyone has a shot, then...

Is this what you want?

I won't have a part of it.

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR
keeper of the 5 (or so) minute transmission.