[AMRadio] 20..AM

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 3 08:08:50 EST 2005

peter markavage wrote:

>Probably something between your "yeah, 10-4...." and the going on 16
>minute transmission I'm listening to right now on 75. I have noticed that
>amateurs who use both SSB and AM frequently, generally do not make old
>old buzzard type transmissions. In the Northeast, break in operation is
>very popular when a group meets on a frequency on 75. This keeps the
>interactive dialog fresh, meaningful, and responsive in real time. You
>don't have to wait your turn to answer a question. Of course, this does
>limit your snoozing between transmissions.
>
>Pete, wa2cwa
>
>On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:40:12 -0600 W5OMR/Geoff <w5omr at satx.rr.com>
>writes:

There's also a plethora of operators in the Northeast and some limited
thinking that tends to keep everyone gathered up in one small range of
frequencies.
Spread out.  3.990 down to 3760 is open territory for 'fone' operation.

Down here in the South, we're not as uptight about things.. operation is
a bit more laid-back.

You've obviously never been in a QSO with W5PYT, K5SWK or WA5BXO.  ;-)
Although, I will say that in recent years, no one can hold a candle to
W5OD.  I don't mind a good windy transmission, but I just don't like it
when someone is chastised when they -don'-t make at least a 5 minute
transmission.  That's just wrong.  Other people have said the same thing
to me, and have left our Early Risers AM Group, that meets at around
3:30 or 4am, because they were tired of being 'bossed' around.

We're more laid back down here.  It's more of a 'You talk for a while,
Jim yacks for a bit, then John takes a turn at it, etc...' in the
meantime, while all the talking is going on, I'm soldering wires,
checking on a project on the bench, or working on 'something'... I can
do more than walk and chew gum at the same time (grinz).

Let them Routndatbles grow!

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR