[AMRadio] AM Exemption Already Drawing Fire

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 4 22:06:49 EST 2005

Bob Macklin wrote:

> <>What are the rules about "CLICK" and "CHIRP"? I don't remember the
> bitching
> about them 50 years ago.
>
> "CLICK" and "CHIRP" should be GRANDFATHERED for BoatAnchors!

I don't think there are rules -against- click's and chirps...

as long as you're using 'good engineering practice' when you build a rig.

If your commercially built Johnson/B&W/Collins/Multi-Elmac/whatever has
chirp or a click on it, you adjust the rig as best as possible, and if
need be (if it's bad enough) you dig into the rig and fix it.

Wouldn't it be a horrible thing if we wind up like Canada is, now, where
we can only run FCC type-accepted equipment?

-Geoff