[AMRadio] Valiant and Loop progress

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 01:24:25 EST 2005

John Lawson wrote:

>    Thats where it lies as of this Weekend - if I have paid my dues
> sufficiently I oughta be on the air by the weekend - and I'll be
> happy, until I set my fence on fire - snowing or not.   ;}

Paid yer dues?  Brother, you ain't got started good, yet!  ;-)

Wait till ya try interfacing tube technology with solid state stuff...
took me three days to figure out that the plug was wired backwards, and
the collector output, that was supposed to be on the ring, of a
3-circuit plug, was actually solder to Ground, and the ground from the
computer, was soldered to the ring.  No WONDER it keyed up, as soon as
it was plugged int...

... and I've been doing this a while...

(DOH!)

hehe - wait till ya get dumb enough to get your thumb between the
filament pin and the cathode lead output, in a half-wave rectifier power
supply, using a pair of 866's.

Lit my world up!

Be careful.  Stay Alive.

--